Download General Employment Application (please upload with submissions)
This position is responsible for manual work maintaining various grounds, fields, and facilities. It is also responsible for the upkeep of the facilities, parks, grounds, and audio equipment to ensure they are in proper working order.
MAIN JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains various grounds, fields and parks by cleaning trash/debris, performing mowing, weeding, tilling, trimming, raking, digging and other manual labor tasks.
- Prepares for events by setting up audio equipment.
- Prepares fields for athletic activities, such as lining and raking.
- Installs turf and seeds on field, parks and other grounds.
- Helps maintain equipment and facilities by performing manual labor and semi-skilled work.
- Performs sanitation functions to include cleaning of restrooms; sets up and maintains picnic and other areas to include litter control functions.
- Operates ATV, golf carts and other vehicles. Performs preventative maintenance functions on the vehicles.
- Assist in maintenance and repair of irrigation systems.
- Performs functions of Facilities Custodial Worker, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required/assigned.
- High School graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma required.
- Two years of landscape maintenance experience.
- A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of landscape maintenance and turf installation.
- Knowledge of grounds keeping practices and principles.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment to perform related work.
- Skills in the operation and preventative maintenance of equipment and related tools.
- Ability to perform manual labor under various weather conditions.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to recognize safety hazards in the work involved and to take precautionary measures to protect self and others.
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Work can be performed inside an office environment or outside in various weather conditions which may include dust, dirt and noise.
- Work can be performed with exposure to various cleaning supplies which may include bleach and other potentially harmful products.
- Work requires walking, standing, stooping, bending and kneeling.
- Work requires driving.
- Work requires equipment operation.
- Work requires moderate to heavy (45 pounds and over) lifting and carrying.
- Additionally, the following physical abilities are required: manual dexterity, hearing, mental acuity, repetitive motion and speaking.
Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with existing ADA requirements for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.